Typing out the title alone made me cringe, and now I’m writing a review on a sheetmask with a long ass name. I’ll abbreviate the “Odyssey Blue Energy Power All-In-One Essence Mask” to “Odyssey AIO Mask” throughout this blog post so don’t get confused. Anywho, your boy Anthony is back at the blogging game again, and this time, with a sheet mask specific for men. Surprising right? My friend who I’ll call E, told me I was sleeping on men’s specific skincare, because not all of them are as bad as I presume they are out to be, So I decided to give this sheet mask a go. For reference (and I’ll be doing this in all my blog posts from now on) I have combination, mildly sensitive and acne prone skin.
Click here if you want to visit the online store in which I got this, and many of my products from.
- 피부 수분량이 사용전 대비 4주 후 24.1% 증가
- 피지분비된 피지량이 사용전 대비 4주 후 28.8% 감소
- 피부 탄력이 사용전 대비 4주 후 14.8% 증가
- 바다에서 찾아 낸 피부 에너지 원액, BLUE ENERGY
- 마이크로 히아루론산 캡슐
- Skin hydration levels are increased by 24.1% prior to usage before 4 weeks
- Acne troubles are decreased by 28.8% after 4 weeks use
- Skin elasticity is increased by 14.8% after using for 4 weeks
- UNDILUTED ENERGY DERIVED FROM THE SEA, BLUE ENERGY
- Micro Hyaluronic Acid Capsules
Odyssey AIO mask is a sheetmask which uses their star item, the All In One essence as the focus behind the sheet mask. As with other brands, the sheet mask is a concentrated treatment of their main selling essence for better treatment and to target specific concerns where an essence can not perform to it’s full potential. Just like other men’s skincare, this mask targets as many skin troubles through one step in order to reduce the amount of products needed in a skincare regime, which I think is a good idea, considering men usually don’t use skincare, or don’t want 10 or so steps to tend to their skin. In this review, I want to check on 4 of their claims; hydration capabilities, firming care, soothing, and acne. The reason being, is that men’s skincare from other brands also focus on these issues and it would be ideal to focus this review on similar claims that are offered from other brands too.
First and foremost, the mask itself is packaged plainly, with a dark blue paper and basic bold writing. In the perspective of a regular skincare user, this design is absolutely ugly as hell and very boring to look at. I would honestly walk straight past this and not give the packaging a second look. Definitely ideal for a man, since men prefer less feminine designs on their skincare.
One thing that’s definitely worth the mention is the scent. Boy does this have a fragrance, and usually with men’s skincare, I can tolerate it. Nope, this one was saturated in that much cologne scents that I couldn’t breathe for 5 minutes. Think of Davidoff Cool Aqua or something similar, and multiply the strength of that scent by 3. Anybody with a sensitive nose will suffer, no, anybody WITH a nose will suffer. The fragrance dissipates after a certain amount of time, but mind you, the initial scent level is way too strong as it is.
- Claims are true to their word; kept my skin moist, well balanced, soothed my skin and tightened pretty decently too
- Sheet felt nice on the skin and wasn’t uncomfortable to use
- Serum worked wonders for the skin, and they sell the serum separate from the mask as well, so ultimately, you can pick and choose how you want to use the product depending on your needs
- Made my skin radiant and super bright as if I wore a highlighter without looking greasy or artificial
- I didn’t mention above, but I did use this as skin prep before makeup and it works well under makeup. Some masks are better left for night use only; this one can be alternated between day and night with ease, without ruining your makeup and without feeling too heavy on the skin
- Incredibly strong scent
- Design, which may be ideal for men, isn’t the best IMO
- Of course, YMMV so whatever works for me, may necessarily not work for you so just be careful.
- Very hard to find online, if not, impossible
- There isn’t many reviews on this product, and also it’s quite an unknown product on it’s own. For reference, this line is under the Korean supplier AMORE PACIFIC which houses brands like Etude House, Innisfree and Sulwhasoo
- The paper, despite feeling nice on the skin, had a bit extra around the hairline, and the nose came up fairly short to my liking
REPURCHASE RATE ★★☆☆☆
★☆☆☆☆ – I want all my time wasted and all my money back for this crap. If I could turn back time and tell my past self not to use this, then I would without a single doubt. If I find this in my collection or if someone gave it to me, I’ll set it on fire and pray to the All Maker to repent for using such a terrible product.
★★☆☆☆ – It’s pretty bad and I definitely wouldn’t recommend this to anybody, but it’s nice to give it a go for myself. I’ll only use it if it was given to me for free and I’m severely desperate.
★★★☆☆ – It’s nice but I wouldn’t go out of my way to get another one for myself. Maybe if it was on special then I’d consider buying it, otherwise there are better products that I like a lot more than this.
★★★★☆ – It’s quite good and I would repurchase definitely. It’s not a staple yet, but if I can’t find anything better, then I’ll happily stick to this product.
★★★★★ – OH MY GOD GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS BECAUSE IT IS A LIFE SAVER AND WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY EVEN IF YOU BECOME POOR BECAUSE OF IT OMG
Now that you know what the stars mean, you can figure out what I mean by my personal ratings.
I’m not too sure of pricing, hence why I rated it 0 stars out of 5. I actually got this mask for free, sent to me by Bang Soohyun AKA Alice from W2Beauty so if you want to try this mask, or anything from Odyssey then hit her up fam. As far as the sheet goes, the quality is decent, but not amazing. I liked the essence in the mask and it’s something I’d probably look into once I’m done with my stash of skincare. The scent really brought the rating down significantly, because if I can’t use something comfortably within the first minute of application, it’ll be really hard to use long term. This is also very difficult to find, as I’ve mentioned before, so again, best hit up Alice if y’all want things like this that seem pretty exclusive to Korea. Would I repurchase? Not necessarily the sheet mask, but the essence separately, maybe.
That’s it for this review. It’s a tad messy, as I’m back to reviewing off my phone once again with my broken down laptop. If you’re interested in this mask, then please hit Alice up, or if you’re having difficulties finding other products that aren’t available in your country then you can go to her website at W2Beauty where she stocks over 10000 different items at reasonable KOREAN prices (none of that inflated pricing bullshit nah, she’s got u fam). Of course, share with your friends and family if this helped you, Leave comments down below if you have suggestions or feedback and y’all can follow me on my SNS, especially twitter since I’m trying to do more video logs now of sheet masks and makeup check ins for better reference.
Facebook : Anthony Jung / The Beauty Aesthetics
Twitter : beavties
Instagram : The Beauty Aesthetics
If you have Wechat, then scan the QR code below.