I’ve been MIA for a very long time (again) and I apologize. Work is getting the better of me and I’m finding it a lot harder to type up posts on time. I urge that if you are an avid reader of my blog, or are constantly on the lookout for my latest material, that you turn alerts on for my posts so you can always know when a new article is released. I am relatively busy these days and I can’t maintain a steady posting routine like I was able to in the past. Please bare with me guys! You can turn alerts on by following my social networking sites, subscribing to this blog where an email is sent out to you each time I deliver a post, or by messaging TF out of me until I tell you when a post is up. I highly recommend you DON’T resort to the last option, because, well… no. HAHAHA!
After posting it on my private Facebook, everyone around me has been asking me about Aprilskin, and since it made a huge wave all around the world, I decided, why not grab some Aprilskin products for myself. Today, I wanted to talk about the Aprilskin Magic Stones, which was the product that took the nation of Korea, no, the world by storm.
Get beautiful skin like the sunny days in April with Aprilskin. As the beginning of Spring, April is seen as a time of new life being born. Aprilskin symbolizes the radiant skin that’s beautiful like the sunny days in Spring. The term also means the renewal, new skin being born. Aprilskin is a natural cosmetics brand that rejuvenates skin cells to reveal beautiful and healthy skin.
THREE PRINCIPLES OF APRILSKIN
- Hypoallergenic: We use absolutely no harmful ingredients
- Skin rejuvenation: We make products that revitalizes your skin
- Carefully selected ingredients: We only provide products that passed complex inspections
Until everyone has beautiful skin like the sunny days of Spring, Aprilskin will continue to strive.
Bare faced soap Magic Stone is a hard soap that does NOT soften even when it is soaked in water. It helps to deep cleanse with an abundant amount of foam generated from ingredients such as toreumallin and E.M. fermented broth. It is a 100% handmade soap that can not only be used for removing makeup, but also for kids with sensitive skin or someone who is sensitive to scent.
So, seems like a pretty decent product according to what the official site says, but of course with any of my reviews, I had to undergo a long trial to see how the product performs, and with my ever changing skin type, I could see how the magic stone truly performed. There are two colors for the magic stone; black stone which is intended for morning use and original stone which you use during the night.
I used the stones in replacement of my usual cleansers and pore care products, and I must say, these stones do a very dandy job. They’re made with natural ingredients (though stated, I can’t actually find an ingredients list anywhere, sorry guys) and also do not contain the 7 harmful ingredients known to skin. The Magic Stone is free from formaldehyde, mineral oils, fragrances, parabens, animal oils, artificial hardeners and chemical surfactants.
- Shea Butter – Deep nourishment and skin repair
- French Green Mud – Pore tightening, sebum clearing and blood circulation
- Fermented Migang – Whitening and anti-aging
- Sulfur – Acne care and improves rosacea, sensitivities
- Tourmaline – Brightening and anti-aging
- E.M. Fermented Broth – Activator (?) I honestly have no idea. If you guys know, then message me so I can update this ASAP!
- Sunflower Seed Oil – Humectant and skin hydration
- Hyaluronic Acid – Superb hydration and anti-aging
- Coconut Oil – Deep nourishment and anti-trouble
- Palmolein Oil – Rich in vitamin E which helps anti-aging
- Castor Oil – Deep nourishment and anti-aging
- Grape Seed Oil – Deep nourishment, and regulates sebum in the skin
Using the soaps, they foamed up pretty well and didn’t crumble apart in the water, like regular soap bars do. I found that other soap bars for the face actually fell apart in water, or dissolved quickly, so the fact that the Magic Stone retains it’s shape even when wet, means you’re getting your money’s worth. I’ve used the soap for almost a month now, and still have almost the same amount of product from when I first started using it. The black and white soap are very similar, with a few ingredients and functions differing between the two.
Since the black stone is used during the morning as your gentle cleanser to keep your skin fresh for the day, the stone focuses more on keeping your skin purified, brighter and soothed, whereas the white stone focuses more on deep cleaning and pore care. What I like about this, is that the stones can do very similar things, yet focus on certain aspects that are more essential during certain times of the day. This means, you can custom fit your cleansing with these stones according to what you need more of. For me, I think I prefer a deep cleaning all round, so I’d solely choose to stick to only using the original stone rather than the black stone.
As for the claims, I’ll go through them one by one, though I think I did touch on it earlier in the post.
- Deep cleaning: I’ve never had a cleansing product work so well to keep my skin and pores THIS clean before. It usually took me a heating gel and a mud mask to keep my pores ultra clean, but the Magic Stones managed to clear my pores in a matter of seconds with only the cleansing step alone. This is definitely a huge recommendation for those who have pore troubles, or oily skin
- Skin Detox: I don’t exactly know what skin detoxing is, but I can mention that my skin always feels clean after using the Magic Stones and my skin texture has improved significantly. I have however, been breaking out a lot more since using the stones, but that is due to the stones drawing out all the impurities from my skin, and not my usual factors for when I break out.
- Pore Cleansing: Read above
- Skin Soothing: Omitting the breakouts, my skin hasn’t reacted at all to the soap, and even when I cut myself from shaving, I don’t feel any stinging or pains whatsoever. This soap is so mild that I can use it with ease, even when my skin feels a little sensitive from other causes. This also has yet to dry my skin out. My skin always feels so soft and never dry after using the Magic Stones, which was my biggest concern since every soap I’ve tried thus far, has stripped my skin from any moisture and left my face feeling tight or irritated.
- Whitening: I have omitted my usual whitening products from my skincare whilst using the Magic Stone and I can say that my acne scars are fading quite dramatically. My skin also appears brighter each time I use the stone, and my face has not darkened as of late, especially during Summer where I tend to be out in the sun a lot.
I received my two soaps from a small Asian Beauty store for $49. That’s averaging $25 per soap, which is a tad pricey for some, but I think it seems pretty decent, compared to other soaps or cleansers out in the market. In fact, I wouldn’t even bat an eye for that price, considering I got two products for that price, and my usual oil cleanser costs the same amount of money. Judging by how much you actually end up using, it looks like I’ve barely used the soap during the month of trialling and I’d have at least a few more months before feeling like I need to restock again.
- 7-free meaning that it’s less harmful than other products out in the market
- Ideal for all skin types, even sensitive though YMMV
- Two different soaps to be used at different times of the day
- Superb cleaning abilities, without stripping your face from hydration
- Creates a decent amount of bubbles
- Treats a variety of skincare issues at once
- Voted one of the most popular items to own, and a MUST HAVE for every beauty enthusiast
- Featured by many idols on talk shows, Youtube, Instagram and other various SNS sites, and became a global HOT ITEM
- Ideal to use on the body as well, though not recommended
- Removes makeup residues and heavy duty makeup thoroughly, though not recommended as I believe and swear by the double cleansing method
- Might be pricey for some, sitting at $49 for the pair or $25 each
- Sensitive skin should be ok, but YMMV
- Hard to get actually, as Aprilskin only started trading outside of Korea recently
- Not travel friendly
- Being a soap, and not a cleanser in a bottle, there is a risk of bacteria growth on the soap and the surrounding areas in which you store the soap as well
Taking a photo of it now and posting onto Instagram is no longer cool
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★★★
★☆☆☆☆ – I want all my time wasted and all my money back for this crap. If I could turn back time and tell my past self not to use this, then I would without a single doubt. If I find this in my collection or if someone gave it to me, I’ll set it on fire and pray to the All Maker to repent for using such a terrible product.
★★☆☆☆ – It’s pretty bad and I definitely wouldn’t recommend this to anybody, but it’s nice to give it a go for myself. I’ll only use it if it was given to me for free and I’m severely desperate.
★★★☆☆ – It’s nice but I wouldn’t go out of my way to get another one for myself. Maybe if it was on special then I’d consider buying it, otherwise there are better products that I like a lot more than this.
★★★★☆ – It’s quite good and I would repurchase definitely. It’s not a staple yet, but if I can’t find anything better, then I’ll happily stick to this product.
★★★★★ – OH MY GOD GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS BECAUSE IT IS A LIFE SAVER AND WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY EVEN IF YOU BECOME POOR BECAUSE OF IT OMG
Now that you know what the stars mean, you can figure out what I mean by my personal ratings.
I think that the Magic Stone is a worthy investment and something you all should get your hands on. I’ve so far had no noticeable troubles with using the soaps and I would hands down, recommend this to all my friends. I already have people asking me where I got my soaps from, but sorry, that’s my little secret. I can’t risk an out of stock on my beloved product HAHAHA! It cleanses very well, doesn’t make my skin dry or uncomfortable, whitens, brightens, helps acne, draws out sebum and washes away blackheads. It’s literally everything you need in life, in the form of a round soap bar.
You can find the soaps online for a decent price, but be wary that you’re looking at an authentic product, and not something fake. if you’re going onto eBay then good luck to you, because people are selling this item off for $100. Ridiculous, but who knows who’ll actually buy it for real.
What did you think of this review? Give it a like if you found it interesting and don’t forget to leave comments down below if you’ve used Aprilskin’s Magic Stone before. Have any other products I should try out? Let me know too, because I’m always on the prowl for more things to give a shot.