This blog took me so long to write I can tell you now. Basically, I own most of the Prestige range and I’m here to tell you guys all about my personal experiences with this range, as well as what others have told me about it.
A little brief outline as to what the prestige range is about; The Escargot range uses snail filtrate in all their escargot products which is used to treat many different skin troubles. Basically, if you have acne, scarring, dry or oily skin, premature aging, saggy or dull skin, then the escargot range is perfect for you.
Snails secrete a special mucus that helps with protecting themselves against environmental damage such as rough surfaces or infection from chemicals or waste products. Studies have shown that using the secretions of a snail will help with many skin issues we all suffer day to day, as the mucus is full of rich nutrients and proteins to address them all. Here’s a list of what the snail filtrate is composed of.
- Alantoin: Repairs and regenerates skin tissues that have been damaged due to environmental or self inflicted damage.
- Elastin: Reduces the size of wrinkles over time and fades away stretch marks or hyper pigmentation
- Collagen: The fundamental layers of fat under our skin that retains our youthful complexion. Regenerates collagen under the skin, and improves the reproduction of new cells, whilst giving our skin a soft and nourished texture.
- Glycolic acid: Removes dead skin cells, purifies the skin and helps to gently buff away the cels, like an AHA product would, without the large lumps of skin. Basically, it decomposes the skin’s cells into micro particles and disposes of them all.
- Antibodies: Prevents infection, inflammation and fights off bacteria that can cause a variety of skin troubles; acne is an example. The antibodies fight off the germs that triggers whiteheads and kills them to prevent future breakouts.
- Proteins and vitamins: Gives the skin essential nutrients to keep skin healthy and fresh.
- Natural Soothers: Helps with damaging that causes skin to be irritated. Sunburn is an example, and the soothing agents contained in snail secretion will help to calm the skin, as well as regenerate the damaged areas. It also helps in preventing and prolonging the effects of excess UV damage as well and protects skin from overproducing melanin particles.
- Skin Balancer: The secretions of snail are actually great for almost all skin types. If you’re leaning towards the dry side, then the snail secretion will provide you with enough moisture so your skin doesn’t counteract and produce excess sebum. If you’re oily, same deal; the filtrate hydrates your skin whilst controlling the output of sebum on your face. Again, if you’re sensitive, the filtrate will help to soothe your skin and strengthen it so you become less irritated from other products, or environmental damage.
Now that you guys know what snail extracts can do for you, let me give you detailed reviews on the products I own.
IT’S SKIN PRESTIGE FOAM D’ESCARGOT
The packaging is so shiny and gold it really does give off the impression it’s a high end product. This is the first step in the Prestige range; a foaming cleanser that contains 1500mg of snail secretion and acetyl hexapeptide-8 for elastic, smooth, soothed and well nourished skin, whilst tackling everyday skin issues like hyper pigmentation, aging and acne.
The product offers 150mL in it’s packaging, which can easily see you through to 4 or 5 months with daily use, twice a day. The actual cleanser is quite opalescent, and feels really smooth, almost silky to the touch. Upon my first application, I noticed it didn’t actually foam up well. Saying that though, I did disperse a huge amount of product and tried to whip it up. Clearly that didn’t work. I now understand that little does indeed go a long way with this cleanser, and you generally need less than a pea sized amount for a good build up of foam.
Most of you might have questions about this cleanser. Hopefully I can cover them all for you. First thing, it didn’t dry out my skin at all; in fact, it felt pretty hydrated even after washing with it. I tried it on it’s own, after an oil cleanser and even after two other face cleansers. On it’s own seems to keep my skin clean, but really nourished, hydrated and so soft. After an oil, i can definitely feel my skin is clean and all traces of the oil cleanser are removed thoroughly from my face, which I don’t get with many other cleansers. As far as using after other cleansers went, I noticed prior to using the Escargot Foam, my skin felt like parchment. It was so dry. i thought, here we go, my skin is going to be dryer than the Kalahari desert. Nope, the escargot cleanser made my skin soft and hydrated again. I found my new love for a cleanser. Best of all, I’m not breaking out using this, nor do I experience any new breakouts other than ones that are self inflicted whilst at work.
Secondly, this product doesn’t have a strong scent at all. In fact, I think the scent will be quite okay for even the most sensitive noses. The cleanser has that distinguishable fragrance that all escargot products have; somewhat florally but nothing a flower would produce. I can’t really describe it because it’s one of a kind, but definitely appealing, well, to me anyway.
To use the cleanser, simply take a small amount to the palms of your hands (or cleansing tool if you own one) and gently add warm water to create a foam. After your product has foamed up, apply the foam to a wet face and gently buff the skin, massaging in small circles around your face and down your neck for at least a minute or so. Wash off with warm water again to remove the cleanser, and gently splash face with cold water to close up the pores. Pat face dry and move to the second skincare step. In Perth, you can pick one up for $20, and online for a little bit more at $22-25 for a real one. There are fakes floating around that are selling at BELOW $15 so just be careful if you’re planning on purchasing one online.
- Targets many different skin troubles that many people have trouble with.
- Subtle odor that in’t too harsh on even the most sensitive noses.
- Hydrating enough even after a double cleanse.
- 150mL of product that can easily see you to 4-5 months with daily uses, twice a day.
- Definitely true to it’s word about soothing and balancing. I noticed my t-zone isn’t too oily, and my cheeks aren’t too dry either. The sensitive skin around my nose wasn’t irritated by the cleanser either.
- No cons other the the fact that the cleanser wouldn’t be ideal for hyper sensitive skin. I tested it on my armpit and it itched quite a bit, so if you have hyper sensitive skin, then I’d definitely go for a tester first before you make a purchase.
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★★★
IT’S SKIN PRESTIGE D’ESCARGOT TONIQUE
I own both the toniques from the escargot range, I and II. From research, I know there is a ginseng formula for this too, but i can’t get my hands on it, so I won’t be reviewing that particular one for the time being. The tonique I is the one I go for during the Summer when my skin becomes more on the oilier side, and the tonique II which is what I’m using now, is more rich in consistency, which is what I use during Winter when the weather gets a lot colder. It contains 21% snail filtrate and sh-Oligopeptide-1 for more supple and elastic skin, whilst providing the benefits of anti-aging, lifting, soothing, smoothing and moisturizing the skin.
The toniques offers 140mL of product and has a subtle fragrance similar to the cleanser. The product is more thicker in consistency than most other toners which are more liquid. Possibly because of the high amounts of filtrate that it contains, which work similarly to a serum. This seems to be more of a gel type, with the appearance of, something I’m not going to mention, that men produce from their organs. Yeah, ew. I’d imagine you can use this on top of another toner, if you like, which is what I do most days. I generally use this on top of my Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence.
Again, definitely okay for almost all skin types; nourished all parts of m face without my skin being too oily and soothed my sensitive nose area. It also has that same escargot floral scent which is very appealing to me, and definitely won’t irritate those with a strong dislike for powerful smalls.
I’ve used this for two and a half months, and I’ve noticed drastic changes to my skin. I no longer look oily throughout the day and my skin texture has improved a lot since making the change to the escargot products. Now that it’s Winter, I’m finding the moisturizing capabilities of the tonique I not strong enough to give me the dewy finish I want, but alas, this does help to nourish my skin enough to prevent my skin from producing excess sebum. Tonique II on the other hand, gives me enough moisturization and brightening effects that gives my son an iridescent appearance. Again, very subtle scent that’s recognizable between escargot products that won’t irritate people who are susceptible to smells. I’m noticing I’m not breaking out whilst using this, and my acne marks are slowly lightening with each use. My skin does look more youthful using the toner alone, and gives my skin more radiance.
To use this product, simply apply two pumps worth of product to your entire face using either your clean hands, or a cotton pad, following the natural skin texture and pat dry to allow the product to fully absorb into your skin. In store, they’re retailing for $38.95 and I found that online was similar pricing, give or take a few dollars.
- Absorbs readily into the skin.
- Incredibly hydrating without the oily finish.
- Subtle fragrance that’s easily distinguishable amongst escargot products.
- 140mL of product that will last you possibly three months if using an appropriate amount each given time. Of course if you pump ten pumps per day, then you’re more likely to finish the product earlier than three months.
- Treats a variety of skin issues that many people go through each day.
The product itself looks inappropriate.
- Not intended for hyper sensitive skin unless a trial is used first before anything else. I applied some tonique on my armpit and only my left armpit itched whilst the other one seemed okey. I definitely recommend you try it out first before you buy because again, unless you try first, you won’t now if this will be okey on your hyper sensitive skin.
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★★☆
IT’S SKIN PRESTIGE MASQUE D’ESCARGOT AND GINSENG D’ESCARGOT
Just like the tonique, there is a regular type and a ginseng type mask, which offer very similar outcomes in terms of helping the skin. The benefits of the ginseng version is that ginseng is an adaptogen, which allows the body and face to regulate itself and restores natural health. It also has a stronger soothing effect, prevents the signs of aging, prevents infection, reduces the stress levels, promotes blood flow and degenerates the blood system in your veins, which causes the darkening surrounding your under eyes and areas where your skin is thinner. Basically, any escargot product with ginseng in it will amplify the effects of anti aging, blood circulation, soothing and repairing. Don’t get me wrong though, the traditional escargot range in itself is already great for addressing all the skin concerns. If however, you want a stronger effect in tackling the signs of aging, or if your skin is relatively sensitive, then I do suggest you opt for the ginseng version instead.
The ginseng mask contains 12000 ppm of snail filtrate and Saponin, an extract from ginseng to provide superb lifting care and healthy skin. According to It’s Skin, it uses the mucus of snails that are feeding on ginseng, so it doesn’t seem to contain actual ginseng in it; however, the effects of ginseng are claimed to be present due to the snail benefiting from the ginseng, and so do we once applied to the face. Basically, what the snail eats and excretes is what is going onto your face.
The original one ask contains 12000 ppm of snail filtrate, and rh-Oligopeptide-1 to provide elastic and healthy skin. Both masks are 25g each, possibly because of the weight of the mask and the thickness in serum inside each packaging.
It’s so slippery and really hard to work with, but once on the face, the mask seems to stay on the face really well. I notice my skin appearing so much brighter after using the mask, and my skin looking really smooth and supple. My acne scars don’t seem to be fading using the mask alone, so I’m not too sure of the effectiveness of the mask. However, it is incredibly soothing and I like it a lot. Once I’m done with the mask, I actually throw it into a tub of hot water and wait for the mask to dissolve before bathing. That way, I can treat the rest of my body to an escargot treatment to prevent sagging skin around the rest of my body, whilst keeping it hydrated. We do need to show our bodies some love as well. Maybe a tad sticky after using the mask, but once absorbed into the skin, my face feels so smooth.
To use, simply apply the sheets to your face after cleansing and toning. Best recommended that you apply the mask before peeling off the backing paper to make it easier for you. Simply leave the mask on for roughly 15-20 minutes and peel off your face, patting your skin to allow the serum to absorb well. Additionally, squeeze out the excess serum in the package and apply to your face and neck before applying the next skincare step. Online, they retail for $27 but in store, they’re $25 so again, not a huge difference in price. I’m not too sure of the legitimacy of the online masks so please be wary.
- Conforms well to your face with the two piece system it has. Unlike other masks that come in a “one size fits all” shape, this snail mask actually fits right around your face without the excess sticking out from the sides or hair line.
- Soothing and makes skin feel so sleek, without it being oily.
- Serum in the mask is not watery so it definitely absorbs a whole lot better than other masks do
- Can even treat your body to a snail treatment too by throwing the mask into a warm bathtub.
- Quite slippery on application and may be hard to apply the mask at first.
- Functions like lightening and anti-aging may not be evident with single use, so possibly need to repurchase many masks at once and use regularly to see some sort of effects.
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★★☆
IT’S SKIN PRESTIGE EYE MASQUE D’ESCARGOT
A mask designed specifically for the under eyes to deliver the nutrients of escargot to the delicate skin surrounding our eyes. It contains 12000 ppm snail filtrate to deliver moisture and anti aging benefits whilst gently soothing the under eyes, and rh-Oligopeptide-1 for elastic skin. The package comes with two eye patches that you place under your eyes, similarly to the face masks. After use, you can also throw these into the bathtub too and indulge your body in an escargot treatment.
I tried this on and it definitely itches a whole lot. Soothing the under eyes my ass; I’ve never felt irritations like this in a long time. Definitely can feel the hydrating effects, as well as my under eyes brightening though. I believe the eye patches are indeed, spa quality, where the mask replicates needle treatments similar to actually going to a surgeon or whatnot. That would explain the discomfort in using the eye masks. Other than that, the finish is amazing, with clearer, brighter and well nourished under eyes.
Just like the face mask, apply to your under eyes, and leave for roughly 20 minutes, before peeling off. It is slippery to handle, so I do suggest keeping the backing paper on again when applying so that it is easier to place on the under eyes. Yes, you can throw this into the bathtub too, and no it won’t give you the same irritations you get when you actually apply the eye mask. I forgot the price of the masks, but I’m not going to repurchase it any time soon anyway. Online, they retail for $19.
- Hydrating and brightening effects noticed even after the first use.
- Firming care for the under eye areas that we so often neglect, or forget about.
- Reduces puffiness of the eyes if you use it regularly.
- Conforms well onto the skin and sits in place quite tightly with little to no budging, similarly to the face masks.
- Best not suited for sensitive skin, or if you don’t like the tingling sensations.
- Slippery and difficult to handle, so I wouldn’t recommend this mask if you’re a beginner or if you have little patience, like myself.
REPURCHASE RATE ☆☆☆☆☆
IT’S SKIN PRESTIGE LOTION D’ESCARGOT
So, just like the tonique, there are three formulas; I for normal to oily skin, and II which is richer for the dryer skin types. The ginseng one, which I find is difficult to get your hands on, in Australia at least, has the capabilities of rich hydration plus amplified age care. I currently have both the lotion I and II, which I will cover here.
Similarly to the tonique, the lotion contains 21% snail filtrate, the serum that the snail excretes for anti aging benefits, soothing, nourishing, skin balancing and bacteria eliminating, but also Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 for elastic and firm skin. Also offers 140mL per bottle, so using this appropriately can last you months; and the same length of time the tonique will art, provided you use the tonique and lotion in the same quantity.
The consistency is quite thicker than usual lotions, which I find to be more watery, and has that same sticky feeling you can distinguish with other snail products. However, once absorbed, my skin felt really soft, smooth and incredibly hydrated without the sticky feeling. I find that the I formula to be hydrating enough for summer time without causing excess sebum production, and the II formula more suited for winter. However, if you’re leaning to excessive dryness, I wouldn’t recommend you use the lotion II on it’s own; follow with a cream to give your skin the hydration it needs. I do this too, since even though my skin becomes combination type, I do need a cream to lock in the moisture after the lotion. For oilier skin types even through winter, I’d say that the lotion II could (and I say, could because no guarantees) be enough to tackle the effects of cold wind blowing at your face, causing dryness. Just like the toners, they’re $38.95 in store, so cheaper than buying online.
- Similarly to the tonique, definitely controls the sebum output in your skin, and hydrates thoroughly.
- Definitely has the same effects as the lotion; firming, balancing, soothing even on sensitive skin, and bacteria eliminating.
- Despite it containing alcohol, I had no irritations whatsoever and found the lotions to be quite moisturizing still.
- Can last you a while provided you use an appropriate amount each given time; I find two pumps is enough.
- Light fragrance, and absorbs well into the skin.
- Again, with hypersensitive skin, you might want to test it out first before purchasing this.
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★★☆
IT’S SKIN PRESTIGE D’ESCARGOT SERUM SET
What I liked with this pack was it came with a serum AND an eye cream, so definitely saving money with this set. Of course with any set, you get one big bottle of serum and one small bottle of eye cream. If you run out of one before the other, well, you’re fucked. Nonetheless, it’s still a pretty good set if I can say so myself, if you’re money conscious that is. I’ll have to break this down to two separate reviews for this set. I’l start off with the serum.
The serum is actually my favourite part of this set; it’s similar to the tonique sharing the same texture and consistency, maybe slightly thicker. It glides on so well and absorbs pretty quickly into the skin without that sticky feeling you may sometimes get with escargot products. It has that same light floral scent that’s easily distinguishable and didn’t irritate my skin when I used it. I noticed my marks from acne scarring started to fade away with each use and also helped to control my breakouts too. You guys should know by now that I’m relatively acne prone, so anything that helps to control sudden bursts of acne is good in my books. The serum comes in a 40mL bottle which contains 21% snail filtrate and helps to promote the epidermal growth factor in the skin, thus aiding in the repairing and strengthening of the skin’s surface. It also helps to balance the skin, refine the skin’s texture, promote anti aging and helps to fight off bacteria that can trigger acne.
- Absorbs quickly into the skin without the sticky feeling.
- Helps to really balance the skin in terms of sebum production and water capacity.
- Has a slight floral fragrance that won’t irritate sensitive noses.
- Didn’t irritate my skin; actually really soothed the skin very well and calmed down the skin to reduce the appearance of redness.
- Somewhat helped my sudden outbreaks of rosacea I get from time to time with my constantly changing skin.
- 40mL of product, which doesn’t sound like much, can actually still last you for a good 3 to 4 months.
- A little of this does indeed go a long way so you can easily use two pumps to cover your entire face and neck area thoroughly.
- Only comes in a set from what I gathered, so it really depends on if you finish the eye cream or not; or whether you like the eye cream or not.
The eye cream, which comes on the side comes in a 15mL bottle which also contains 21% snail filtrate and helps the epidermal growth factor too. It’s incredibly important to keep the skin under or eyes well nourished and firm to prevent premature wrinkling or excessive dryness. This eye cream seems to soothe the under eye areas pretty well. It’s quite thick compared to other eye creams I’ve used and doesn’t absorb as quickly as I would like it to. In fact, it sort of feels like a layer of cream just sitting on the surface, and seems quite sticky to the touch after it absorbs. I think, compared to other eye creams, like the Missha Marine Stem Cell eye cream for example, the It’s Skin one wasn’t as hydrating as I thought it would be. A little let down, but not everyone can have it all, right?
- Soothes the under eyes that become irritated due to allergies, reactions or itchiness.
- 15mL can see you to 3 months at least, since it’s quite thick and a little goes a VERY long way with this one.
- Light scent, similar to the products in this range.
- A little too thick for my liking.
- Didn’t absorb as well as I’d want it to, and compared to other eye creams, this one is unite shocking for that aspect.
- Not nourishing enough for me.
- Didn’t notice any changes to the appearance of my eyes even after using this for a while.
- Comes in a set, which I think is a drawback since if you run out of one product and you still have another, you’d ed up with excess if you repurchased another serum set.
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★☆☆
IT’S SKIN YEUX GINSENG D’ESCARGOT
Now this is an eye cream worth looking into. It comes in a set as well, but unlike the serum set, this comes with TWO eye creams, both in 15mL tubes. Better yet, it comes with two of the same product, so practically, buy one, get one free. This is a set I think is worth getting. Not only that, but it contains ginseng which I noted previously how amazing it is for our skin. The ginseng in this eye cream not only promotes blood flow to reduce the visibility of our veins under our eyes, but also amplifies the anti aging effects found in the snail serum.
This is different to eye creams I’ve come across; this has a roller ball on one side and through a capillary action, the cream is fed through the ball ended side and application is as easy as gently swiping the tube against your face. The addition of the roller ball gently massages the skin whilst depositing the cream evenly along the surface. Not only that, but the roller ball is relatively cooling, so it also helps to de-puff the eyes, and restrict blood flow through the veins of the under eyes. Say goodbye to dark circles baby!
I’ll mention again, that each tube contains 15mL of product and one pump is all you need for a thorough coating of eye cream.It also contains 21% of both the snail filtrate and ginseng to not only promote lifting and firming care for your eyes, but also well nourishes and promotes the epidermal growth factor too. It’s definitely not as thick as the serum set eye cream is, and seems to absorb a whole lot better into the skin. I’m definitely in love with this particular eye cream now. The set is $59 in store, and online it’s retailing for more than $60, so not an entirely huge difference in pricing, but it’s definitely worth while to shop in store to save a few $$$.
- Comes in a set of two; basically getting 30mL of product in a set which can easily see you to 6 months minimum.
- One pump is all you need to deposit an even amount of cream onto the under eyes to well nourish and care for the skin.
- Super hydrating and I noticed using this, that my eye makeup would crease a lot less with this underneath.
- So soothing and the cooling sedation really did help to de-puff my under eyes after a long sleep.
- Actually little smell compared to the other products from this line.
- Tried and tested on my sensitive areas around my face and body and didn’t cause irritations at all.
- Roller ball applicator is a great addition to the eye cream, which ties everything together, plus helps to massage the under eye areas, which we so often neglect.
- Can’t honestly think of anything really, other than to try and test if you have hyper allergic skin.
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★★☆
IT’S SKIN PRESTIGE CREME GINSENG D’ESCARGOT
I got this cream instead of the regular one, simply because I think the ginseng one is more richer in texture than the regular one is. I need more hydration during the winter now that my skin wants to play “Hey Anthony, today I want to be super dry but tomorrow I wanna be super oily” game with me. It’s so annoying, hence why I played it safe and opted for the ginseng version.
This is probably the most lightest night cream I’ve ever used in my entire life, yet powerful enough to deliver the hydration I need. It comes in a 60mL jar (a spatula is also provided if you guys were wondering) containing 21% of both snail filtrate and ginseng for firming, lifting, anti aging care, skin balancing, soothing, brightening and also bacteria fighting care too. Some may say it’s thick, but honestly, I do think this is nothing compared to other night creams I’ve tried, which literally feel like I’ve rubbed wax on my face. This absorbs pretty decently; slightly sticky upon application but melts into the skin and feels so supple to the touch.
I didn’t talk about the packaging of the other products, because what else am I supposed to say other than “oh, it’s a bottle with a pump and it’s pretty sturdy.” This jar of night cream is shaped to look like a cut ruby, which is so visually appealing, and looks super high end. It’s still cheaper than brands that are actually high end, like Sulwhasoo and History of Whoo for example, who’s packaging comes subpar to this. It’s so fancy I’m even considering to keep the empty jar and find stuff to put inside, just because it looks too beautiful. $75 in store, but online, the cheapest I found was $80 or so, and I did try a little harder to look for pricing online.
- Super hydrating without being too rich for oilier skin types.
- Ginseng calms the skin very well, even on sensitive skin.
- Noticeable brighter skin after the first use and more even skin tone after using the cream for a long period of time.
- Sticky upon application, but absorbs very well into the skin.
- My skin isn’t as oily waking up in the morning after using the night cream regularly.
- Wearable even under makeup, which is a huge plus since creams generally are too rich to be worn under makeup.
- Instant skin texture boost; my skin looks so smooth and feels really soft after using the cream.
- Didn’t cause me any breakouts whatsoever, which other creams tend to do.
- The packaging is so pretty; really looks like a cut jewel.
- Test and try before you buy if you have hyper sensitive skin.
REPURCHASE RATE ★★★★☆
Overall summary, I am quite pleased with the product line It’s Skin has to offer, considering I wasn’t truly a fan until I was convinced to buy it all. A lot of people actually told me that the product line was disgusting on them and they wouldn’t recommend it to anybody at all. I swallowed that crap until one day, I gave in and had to see how bad it truly was, only to be taken back by how amazing it truly is.
I definitely do recommend you guys at least try the products out because it definitely has changed my skin for the better, and I’m glad I took the leap to dive into the escargot range. If anything, don’t get the serum set and the eye masks. You will be heavily disappointed. I do love the serum and it is something I’d love to have again once the bottle is empty, but the eye cream did me no justice and it’s honestly not worth me wasting money on an eye cream that proved disappointing in the end. If only It’s Skin did the serum on it’s own, then I’d be happy.
Otherwise, overall, definitely grab your hands on test goodies. Be wary to get the right tonique and lotion to suit your skin needs; I for oilier skin and II for dry skin. If you can get your hands on the ginseng version, then I advice you do so, since ginseng is so great in combatting the signs of aging and diminishes darkened areas of your face caused by overly huge veins. The ginseng range, I heard, is even more soothing and so much more hydrating than the II range, so if you want a little more hydration, then ginseng is the way.
If you liked this post, then click that little star icon and subscribe to my blog for more reviews, DIYS and little stories about the shenanigans I get myself into. You can also add me on my SNS sites and talk to me through there. Now, some questions for you guys. Have you used the snail range from It’s Skin before? Have you used other brand’s snail line and would you recommend me in trying any of them? Let me know through the comments down below. Until the next post~
Anthony signing out.
P.S: None of these images are mine and credits go to those who took the photos. In no way do I claim these images as my own.